Our Client is looking for a Programme Coordinator / Operations Officer who is a confident self- starter looking to contribute to the advancement of human rights, especially in the field of sexual rights, to provide administrative, operational and programme coordination support to the Operations Unit and Executive Office.
Minimum requirements :
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong skills in coordination, administration, events management, stakeholder engagement and operations support
- Exposure to non-profit organisations preferred
- MS Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, projects and assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively problem solve and troubleshoot independently.
- Willingness to work independently, at the direction of others, and in a team-focused environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and data tracking skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
Executive Director and Senior Management Team Support
- Conserves Executive Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides administrative and diary management support to Senior Management Team (Executive Director, Director of Operations and Finance and Strategic Initiatives Manager) in order to increase her availability for executive level responsibilities.
- Prepares agendas for meetings, briefing materials and presentations and takes minutes as needed to support the Senior Management Team.
- Secures appropriate signatures and track documents through the approval process on behalf of Senior Management Team.
Support the Board of Directors
- Provides a service to all members of the board in connection to their roles as directors through verbal, written, and electronic interaction.
- Creates meeting(s) timelines, prepare and distribute meeting notification, correspondence, agenda and materials, as well as subsequent updates or changes.
- Compiles and periodically updates meetings folder for board meetings, containing all the necessary documents enabling members of the board to effectively carry out their duties.
- Attends a minimum of 2 required in-person board meetings, governance committee meetings, chair-track meetings, annual staff meeting and monthly calls, record and file minutes.
- Mails, tracks, and follows up on the annual conflict of interest disclosure and creates report for Board of Directors and Governance review.
- Compiles and manages the company files (articles of incorporation, regulations, minutes, monthly reports and annual report, etc.).
- Creates and updates the pending items or open issues list for the board of directors and the executive management.
- Applies for registration of changes and deletions in the CIPC and Department of Social Development systems.
- Informs members of the board on any changes in legislation or law, as necessary and helpful for the board’s ability to exercise their duties.
- Assists in the set up and support of legal management (drafting of contracts, review of contracts, terms and conditions) to the extent required by the board of directors.
Workflow Management, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Provides ongoing assistance to Operations Unit in developing programme policies, procedure plans and associated communications documents.
- Monitors the workflow and make adjustments to ensure the timely completion of programme activities.
- Review Operations Unit team members’ reports in relation to expectations of workplans before these are passed onto the Executive Director for final review.
- Recommends new ideas and concepts for programme themes, materials and resources to supplement, expand or replace existing programme components.
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating programme effectiveness; demonstrates continuous efforts to improve support operations and systems, to streamline work processes and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the programmes.
- Maintains liaison with staff and partner organisations to coordinate programme activities and capacity strengthening events to accomplish programme objectives and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhance and available resources are utilised.
- Maintains good relationship with educational institutions in relation to the acquisition and management of interns.
- Coordinates and oversees grant related issues, including tracking and submission of expense reports and other financial reports.
- Reconciles the cash advance for the specific event or trip.
- Assists with monitoring, verification and reconciliation of budget expenditures.
Events and Logistics
- Assists in the planning, coordination and implementation of seminars, conferences, workshops and internal events.
- Manage Unit’s logistics, including the establishment of arrangements for trips and events, facilitation of-person meetings with involved team members on a regular basis.
- Liaise with HR on sourcing interns for Operations
EE candidates only