Our client is a multi-national leading, pharmaceutical company with a strong global presence in 120 countries, leading generic pharmaceutical company and the world’s largest producer of anti-retroviral drugs for the treatment of HIV/AIDS.
The Head of Finance role is to be responsible for the implementation of strategic financial management and reporting, in-depth expense analysis management, budgeting, controls, and forecasting. To ensure ongoing viability and secure financial future in line with the organisation’s business objective.
Focus area of expertise of the successful candidate applied in a Business Finance role within the Private sector as well as Tender environment, with Foreign exchange duties.
• At least 5-10 years in Business /commercial Finance management experience
• Previous Foreign Exchange expertise and/or Private market and Government Tender exposure
• BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
• Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Senior Finance Manager or similar role
• Management experience post article in the financial services industry
• Experience in an asset management field
• In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
• Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
• Proficiency in accounting software
• Solid analytical and decision-making skills
• Leadership abilities
• Pharmaceutical industry experience advantageous
• Working independently, using business initiatives, reporting to the CEO.
• Emphasis of the role lies in the culture known for individual input, leading and driving a small, competent team within the dynamics of an organisation growing and rewarding the individual’s expertise
• Manage and coordinate the budgeting and financial planning processes
• Preparation of IFRS compliant Financial Statements
• Ensure that all tax directives are effectively implemented Lead Financial Audits;
• Direct and lead sustainable cost management programmes
• Addresses internal control requirements
• Provide strategic financial support and guidance
• Ensure financial controls are designed, implemented and managed within the division
Analyse, report and review on cost management and Group-wide expense management and benchmarking of the cost base
• Prepare and communicate cost reports
• Contribute as a strategic finance partner
• Manage the budget process including Group CAPEX in line with group processes and guidelines
• Drafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
• Maintain company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
• Manage, lead, encourage, inspire and support others to develop confidence and capability to help them drive personal and organisational objectives
• Work collaboratively with others to build and maintain strong, positive, upbeat, cohesive teams to reach the Corporation objectives.
• Create and facilitate an enabling environment that embraces creative thinking that drives continuous improvement.
• Initiate, drive and support organisational transformation and change to successfully implement new initiatives and deliver on the mandate.
• Manage internal and external complexity, develop and drive a shared understanding of a long-term vision and sustainability of the Corporation.
• Understand the interests and challenges of stakeholders within the political and economic landscape with a development mind set.
• Ability to engage with stakeholders to add value towards competitive advantage
1 million to 1,2 Million per annum