To ensure realization of the organisation’s strategic objective in promoting preferential procurement through SMME Business Training and mentoring of previously disadvantaged SMME’s
• B Com degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
• 5 years professional working experience in a Managerial role
• Extensive experience in Entrepreneurship promotion, Enterprise Development, and SMME development field
• Knowledge of Project Management – the ability to facilitate multi-disciplinary projects at any given time
• Knowledge of the Preferential Procurement Framework Act (PPPFA)
• Knowledge of the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act (BBBEA)
• Knowledge of National Treasury Procurement Prescribes
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Management: A Guide to Accounting Officers and Authorities
• Supply Chain Management Regulations, Practice Notes, Circulars, Frameworks
• Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, 53 of 2003
• Proven ability to apply a business or commercial thought process in decision making, planning and implementations of projects
• The ability to foster, nurture and encourage growth between SMMEs and the organization ensuring mutually beneficial relations
• Understanding of SMME development
• Good networking skills
• Provide a strategic, responsive, sound and enabling enterprise development systems, policies and administrative framework.
• Develop and implement appropriate Enterprise Development strategies, policies and procedures.
• Perform advisory and guidance role to the Chief Financial Officer on matters of enterprise development.
• Develop, manage, and maintain Enterprise Development programmes in line with client’s strategic objectives.
• Contribute substantively to the Finance Division’s strategic, and performance planning and reporting.
- Contribute in the development process of the client’s policies, procedures and controls at various levels through input of enterprise development advice on relevant aspects referred.
- Provide efficient support to executive management team by developing enterprise development strategy in line with client’s overall strategic goals and objectives
- Identify untransformed procurement opportunities within the client for previously disadvantaged SMME’s.
- Identify sub- contracting procurement opportunities within the client projects for previously disadvantaged SMME’s.
- Assist client business units with the preparation of demand plans and the roles for previously disadvantaged SMME’s in their procurement requirements.
- Promote Black owned EME and QSE’s through Preferential Procurement in line with PPPFA regulations.
- Facilitate the creation of an enabling environment for SMMEs through policies, strategies and programmes that support enterprise and supplier development.
- Facilitate enterprise and supplier development initiatives with private sector, governments and another department.
- Studying various areas of assessing economic potential and opportunities for new business within the organisation.
- Managing the development plans and supporting the small businesses whilst supporting the growth of their enterprises
- Meet monthly with each business to assess progress towards objectives.
- Monitor and improve the client’s BBBEE scorecard.
- Provide day-to-day advice to incubator EME and QSE’s on matters relating to the procurement opportunities within the organisation.
- Review the procurement of goods to SMME’S s in terms of local content compliance.
- Facilitate short payment cycles for previously disadvantaged SMME’s.
- Report the enterprise development expenditure against the budget to EXCO’.
- Submit the necessary financial reports as required by client’s policy and relevant legislative requirements.
Human Resource Perspective (People Management):
- Meet monthly with client’s business units to assess progress on their demand plans and SMME’s development.
- Execute prudent and proper human resource management within the business unit.
- Champion the skills development and transfer within the business unit.
- Implementation of the client’s performance management policy within the business unit.
- Mentors and coaches’ staff within the business unit where required.
- Compile and submit own Personal Development Plan.
- Participates in relevant and application training courses, workshops etc as needed/directed.
- Contribute to the knowledge exchange or sharing activities
- Build up and co-ordinate a database of SMME’s with appropriate skills and expertise in various where goods and services are required.
- Prepare and present training programmes to SMME are as and when required.
Stakeholder/Client Relations Perspective:
- Identify appropriate outsourced training service providers and manage intervention and key outputs
- Nurture and maintain strong relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Together with stakeholders, evaluate various initiatives, processes, systems, and vendors – and provide recommendations to SC Manager on desirability and feasibility.
- Promptly shares and exchanges knowledge/information.
- Project Management:
- Manage and lead Enterprise Development performance indicators.
- Research and develop proposal on various strategic initiatives.
- Design and implement a monitoring and evaluation dashboard reporting system.
- Monitor evaluate and report on Enterprise Development performance indicators.
- Implement and effective quality management system.
Key Personal Attributes and Required Skills:
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Innovative, Creative and Strategic Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Planning and Organizing
- Numerical Skill and Reasoning.
- Business Acumen
- Energy and Drive
R1 259 505,00 CTC per annum
EE candidates preferred but all candidates are encouraged to apply