To perform Major Incident & Problem Management activities according to policy, process and procedures as agreed for contracted services to reduce the number of major incidents impacting business. To facilitate collection of information from incidents and drive Root Cause Analysis. Document Root Cause Analysis and remedial actions with a high degree of fidelity and quality, within stipulated SLA’s and OLA’s. Monitor and drive corrective actions for RCA’s. Perform analytics. Produce reports on problem management activities
• Relevant Diploma (NQF 6) in information technology or Computer Science or similar.
• Alternatively, Grade 12 (NQF 4) with IT certification
• 5 years Problem Management experience
• Broad technical exposure & knowledge of Enterprise IT across SAP, Linux and Wintel systems (virtualized server environments and complex, leveraged networks)
• ITIL V3 Foundation +
• Formal Root Cause Analysis methodology training an advantage.
• Formal ITRCA Facilitator training an advantage
• Problem and Incident Management
• ITIL fundamentals
• Statistical Techniques
• Business writing skills (high degree of competency in English writing)
• Time & Priority Management
• Root Cause Analysis fundamentals
• Perform reactive problem management by identifying, investigating and resolving errors. Monitor progress on resolution of known errors and advise on major incidents/problems, identifying root causes within agreed SLA’s and OLA’s.
• Perform proactive problem management to identify potentially recurring problems and co-ordinate the establishment of permanent fixes that will prevent reoccurrence in the future. Identify trends and potential problem sources and facilitate expert recommendations on resolutions to prevent the replication of problems across multiple systems.
• Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools to achieve the control required for efficient and effective problem management.
• Produce reports on problem errors and problem resolution performance against agreed service levels.
• Maintain a database of problems and incidents as well as keep SharePoint document repositories up-to-date
• Chair and/or facilitate problem management meetings and reviews, providing input and feedback on problems/incidents being investigated.
• Manage the identification and effective mitigation of operational risk within the environment, in accordance with the defined risk management processes.
• Collaborate between and within client divisions and establish and enhance relationships and network with partners, customers and vendors to deliver on service quality.
Adopting Practical Approaches; Articulating Information; Developing Expertise; Examining Information; Following Procedures; Interacting with People; Interpreting Data; Making Decisions, Managing Tasks; Meeting Time Scales; Producing Output; Resolving Conflict; Taking Action; Team Working; Upholding Standards
Up to R66 000 per month